OPERA powerhouse Russell Watson stunned diners at a Benahavis restaurant with an impromptu performance that silenced the busy restaurant.
Diners at La Escalera de Manolo Espada were treated to more than they bargained for when the English tenor serenaded those in attendance with a selection of his hits.
Owner of the restaurant, Manolo Espada, said: “It was amazing, all the staff stopped still and everyone went quiet as his voice filled the room.
“It was incredible to witness, all the diners were really happy by the surprise performance.”
The best-selling tenor is currently gearing up for a world tour and tickets went on sale this month.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36