ARSENAL’S Spanish midfielder Santi Cazorla looks set to return to Spain next summer, with at least three La Liga clubs vying for his signature.
Current champions Atletico Madrid are leading the race for the 30-year-old, whose contract with the Gunners is nearing its last year.
He is said to be keen on a move home, after growing frustrated at the lack of ambition for trophies at Arsenal.
Cazorla joined the club from Malaga in 2012 for €19 million and played a big role in their FA cup glory last season.
But the club have struggled with injuries this season and, following Saturday’s 3-2 loss to Stoke City, are currently languishing in 6th in the league.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44