SPANISH food appears to be the flavour of the moment in London.
The city’s top food writers and bloggers each selected their favourite ten dishes for Time Out magazine, with Spanish fare featuring heavily.
Hip tapas bar Barrafina proved most popular thanks to dishes such as crab croquettes, seafood rice, tuna tartar and milk-fed lamb’s brain or kidneys.
The constant long queues outside Barrafina – in which nibbles and drinks are served while you wait – are proof of its status as one of the capital’s most fashionable eateries.
Rabbit legs in red wine and oranges from Morito were also highly recommended, as was the broad bean, garlic and rosemary with bread at El Parador.
Otherwise the chorizo fresco with manchego at Fernandez & Wells made a good impression, along with Pizarro’s pork presa Iberica.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00