REAL Madrid star Isco Alarcon may now play football on the world’s greatest stage but he is keen to remember where it all started.
The ex-Malaga playmaker surprised hundreds of children when he dropped by his former school in Arroyo de la Miel over the Christmas period.
On the final day of term, children at La Leala primary school received an early Christmas present in the form of a signed postcard from the Spanish international.
Inside, the card read: “Dear pupils at La Leala, as many of you will know, I was once a student at your school.
“I still feel great affection for my old teachers and for the past and presents pupils.”
The card also included a signed picture of the winger playing for the Madrid outfit.
After celebrating Real Madrid’s win at the Club World Cup, Isco spent a few days on his home turf with his family before returning to the capital.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36