WORLD Number 357 Gary Stal has won his first ever European Tour title at the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship.
Malaga-born Miguel Jimenez finished 11th, but still grabbed the spotlight with a disco dance celebration after an exceptional shot.
US Open Champion Martin Kaymer was 10 shots ahead at one point, before crumbling in the closing stages.
Frenchman Stal birdied six of his last 11 holes to snatch victory, with Rory McIlroy one shot behind in second.
Stal said: “I’m surprised and a little shocked. I don’t really know how to put it into words.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44