HAGGIS, neeps and tatties in Spain… it can only be Burns night.
Tonight, Scottish expats will be taking over bars and restaurants in Spain for the legendary Burns supper, an annual celebration of adored poet Robert Burns.
The patriotic poems of Burns, most famous for iconic New Year’s tune, Auld Lang Syne, are recited while Scottish delicacies are scoffed.
“The fantastic Scottish banter and entertainment along with a delectable selection of Scottish fayre has made this night one that our customers always remember,” explained Johanna Cathcart, from Cristal restaurant in Benalmadena.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44