FROM year five, Swans children get to know about the democratic process, through the election of prefects, house captains and head boy and girl.
And from starting school, pupils are encouraged to consider themselves for the positions.
All children in the year vote for head boy and girl nominees – through a secret ballot – with two boys and two girls going through to the final.
Each nominee must prepare and present a speech, before a further secret ballot decides the winner.
This year it was extremely close, but the proud winners are Lola Martin Cupido and Shaun Welch. Congratulations!
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05