A CARBON-NEUTRAL Huelva hotel has won the TripAdvisor platinum level GreenLeader award for 2015.
La Posada de San Marcos, in the Sierra de Aracena natural park, became one of the first hotels in Andalucia to be accepted on to the programme last year thanks to its energy-efficiency.
The GreenLeader programme helps travellers worldwide plan environmentally friendly trips by promoting the best green hotels and B&Bs.
“TripAdvisor’s GreenLeader programme has given us the chance to formally demonstrate our contribution to sustainable tourism,” said British expat Lucy Arkwright, who runs the hotel with husband Angel Millán Simó.
“We are extremely pleased that all our efforts have been recognised and will strive to maintain this level.”
The couple moved to Alajar form the UK in 2004 and spent six months renovating the hotel.
After a successful start they extended the hotel with a second posada, more outdoor space and a swimming pool.
For more information on the hotel, visit http://www.posadasalajar.com/
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44