THE parents of a Slovakian model charged with murdering her British ex-boyfriend on the Costa del Sol last year are having to sell their home in order to pay her legal bills.
Mayka Kukucova, 25, handed herself in to police in her parents’ village in Slovakia after fleeing billionaire ex-lover Andy Bush’s Estepona villa, where he was found shot dead in April.
Jewellery shop owner Bush, 48, had returned to the rented villa from a long weekend in the UK with his new girlfriend, Maria Korotaeva, 20.
Korotaeva told detectives Kukocova was waiting for him inside, and after a fiery row she allegedly ended up shooting him twice in the head before driving across Europe to Slovakia.
Bush was found in a pool of his own blood just after 3am.
Kukucova later claimed she acted in self-defence after confronting Bush, from Bristol, over her alleged pregnancy.
And now her parents, Lubomir Kukuca, 50, and Danka Kukucova, 51, have claimed they are hated in their own village and are selling their home to move somewhere more secluded.
They are also putting thousands of euros towards their daughters legal fees in Spain, where she is awaiting trial while in Alhaurin de la Torre prison.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44