SPAIN’S top golfers are boosting the country’s bid to host the world’s premier golfing event.
The Spanish bid for the 2022 Ryder Cup has been officially submitted and will be pitted against Austria, Germany and Italy.
And golfing heroes Sergio Garcia and Jose Maria Olazabal are talking up the country’s chances.
“It would be truly amazing to have a Ryder Cup in Spain,” said five-time Ryder Cup winner Garcia.
“It’s very important for our new generation. It helped increase participation considerably in 1997 and it would be a great boost for Spanish golf.”
If Spain hosts the tournament it will take place at the PGA Catalunya Resort.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36