Jet-setting caterer Milli Taylor has notched up hundreds of air miles bringing the flavours of Andalucia to London’s trendy dining scene. Now she’s sharing the secrets of her new book with Olive Press readers…
WHETHER preparing party bites for pop stars and politicians in the ‘big smoke’ or rustling up recipes for the lemons festooning the trees at her family’s finca in Spain, Milli Taylor is one of Andalucia’s foremost foodie ambassadors.
From college days, the 28-year-old private caterer has spent her life commuting between London and her parent’s campo B&B, Rancho del Ingles, near Alhaurin de la Torre.
The self-taught cook admits her heart resides in Spain, even if her demanding work schedule keeps her in London for much of the year. She might be catering a Spanish-inspired charity supper club for Jamie Oliver, or creating show-stopping cakes for the recipe pages of Hello! and Grazia magazines.
Milli has cooked for numerous celebrities – Dannii Minogue and Foo Fighters’ Dave Grohl among them – sharing her fab finger food recipes in tastebud-titillating Instagram feeds and now in a new book: Party-perfect Bites – 100 Delicious Recipes for Canapes.
Milli’s enthusiasm for all things edible and Hispanic is infectious.
“I have been coming out to Spain all my life and it is here where I am at my happiest and where I feel most at home at my parent’s Bed and Breakfast,” she says.
“I also adore the Spanish way of eating,” she continues. “The importance of sitting down and having breakfast, for always making time for lunch, but most of all, for standing up and grazing through tapas at the bar and in some ways, that’s exactly what canapes are and what I feed my clients at parties.”
But Milli’s not keeping it to herself and is happy to share some of her heavenly Hispanic hors d’oeuvres with Olive Press readers (see issue 214) and the book is available on Amazon.
There is also a special offer for Olive Press readers for the special price of £11.99 including postage & packaging (rrp£16.99) by telephoning Macmillan Direct on 01256 302 699 and quoting the reference GLR L4L.
• All photos (by photographer Helen Cathcart) copyright of Ryland Peters & Small, and taken from Party Perfect Bites by Milli Taylor) with full permission.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25