ANIMAL lovers have been invited to a glitzy night out with tribute act The New Jersey Boys.
Spanish Stray Dogs is holding its 5th annual charity dinner at La Cañada Golf, Sotogrande, on September 26, with the chance to bid for tickets to the X Factor final in a charity auction.
Proceeds will fund an urgently-needed extension to the overcrowded municipal dog pound in Los Barrios, which also serves La Linea and Tarifa.
“There are over 300 puppies and dogs in the pound and, with new rescue animals arriving every day, we are so worried it will become a killing station again,” said trustee Sarah Fernandes.
Tickets for the three-course event with cava are priced at €50 each. Contact [email protected]
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44