FROM Marbella to Marrakech and from Southport to St Petersburg, clients local and worldwide have seen their homes transformed by UDesign’s vision.
It is anything but a surprise, taking a tour of the company’s stunning new showroom in San Pedro de Alcantara.
Clean lines, clever colour combinations and striking creations – many by UDesign’s own designers – the stylish space is a veritable reverie of home decor bliss.
And that’s before I am led up to the brand new roof terrace exterior showroom, where I sit sipping a coffee off a silver platter gazing off into the distant leafy hills of the Serrania de Ronda.
This is all thanks to the hard work and creativity of Jason Harris, who has slowly built up an incredible 40-strong team of designers, 3D graphic artists, carpenters, paint finishers, upholsterers, cabinet makers over the last seven years.
As well as what is available in the showrooms – and there is a lot – there is also a genuine bespoke service, by which they can put together anything you might need for your home.
Launched in 2008 by Jason and his wife Claire, both 48, the business has had an incredible growth story, despite the long, tough recession.
Indeed, UDesign has outgrown its premises twice in the last few years and has only just opened its amazing new rooftop terrace.
The charismatic Welshman’s background in real estate along the Costa del Sol was the perfect launchpad to identifying exactly what homeowners wanted their houses to look like.
And now he and the team can make furniture and decorations to the highest quality – and even to the most eccentric whim – thanks to their factory around the corner.
“Having an amazing team of designers and manufacturers in-house means we’ve a huge amount of flexibility to create the perfect furniture for the space available,” Jason explains to the Olive Press.
“We also stock the leading brands so it means we cover all possible needs.”
He continues: “The 3D images of how the interiors will end up looking generated by our graphic designers really helps people visualise their ideas.
“It also leaves much more room for people to experiment avoiding expensive errors,” he continues.
These glimpses into the future take into account the space available, the property’s views and generate an image ‘so realistic’ and so ‘high-res’ you’d never know it wasn’t a photo.
It is this painstakingly detailed service which means UDesign’s project managers end up working on at least 80% of the quotes they pitch.
The showroom itself is festooned with impressive creations from the silver wall-mounted rhino head to the glass hanging chair – perfect for a Marbella mansion but also comfortable and practical.
It is abundantly clear that the pieces are made for living in, not just for show.
Outdoor furniture on the roof terrace would easily look at home in any lounge, but is rigorously weather-proofed against even the muddiest Costa rain and heavy downpours.
From commercial properties to private residences, UDesign has, in particular, many projects in exclusive nearby enclaves, La Zagaleta and Madronal, and there is a waiting list for their bespoke service, adds Jason.
“You’re only as good as what you create in this industry,” says Jason, who refuses to rest on his laurels in spite of the business being recently commissioned to also decorate properties in Luxembourg and Holland – not to mention a 20,000 sq. ft. home in Southport, UK.
“Of course we get a lot of business through word of mouth, but if people don’t like what they see on the website they won’t pursue it so we are always excited to grow and adapt to new demands and keep creating,” he says.
“The bottom line is we do everything possible to exceed our clients’ expectations and create something tailor-made, unique and high quality.”
From the solid oak table that was once a ‘scribble’ on a piece of paper to the ‘bombproof’ bunk beds for a family’s four wild sons, UDesign does exactly what it says on the tin – creates a design, especially for you.
• Contact UDesign on 952 794 117, or visit the showroom at Poligono La Quinta, 4 y 5, Ctra de Ronda, 29670 San Pedro de Alcantara, Malaga
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25