NEW research reveals the profile of the average British home buyer in Spain.
Most expat Brits (74%) are aged 45-64, spend on average €200,000 and choose to live by the sea, according to figures published by property agent Tranio.
The average property size purchased is over 100 square metres and most popular destinations are Andalucia, Valencia and the Canary Islands.
Tranio managing partner George Kachmazov said: “British buyers are the most active on Spain’s property market. They make up 30% of all foreign buyers – the French and Russians compete for second place with about 10% each.
“During the last decade, English activity did slow down but it’s been picking back up again over the last year.”
The favourable exchange rate, the growing British economy and favourable Spanish lending rates are among the reasons for the surge in activity.
Altogether, 30% of Google property searches made by British people were for Spain.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05