VISITORS to Andalucia are spoilt for choice when it comes to hotels – especially in the Ronda area where three establishments have bagged places in the latest ‘best list’.
The province’s top haunts offer everything from luxury and a sense of the region’s history to stellar cuisine showcasing the best of home-grown produce.
And whether it’s a high-class spa, heavenly views of Cordoba’s mosque or an idyllic converted olive mill, Andalucia’s outstanding hotels have something for everyone.
With such an extraordinary range of options, hoteliers have their work cut out to stand out from the crowd.
Vincci Seleccion Aleysa, Benalmádena
The only five-star hotel in Benalmádena, tourists can enjoy its prime location on the beachfront, as well as a fabulous spa equipped with a thermal circuit and treatment cabins. This boutique hotel earned a 95.59 score from visitors to the online travel website Trivago.
Balcon de Cordoba, Cordoba
This towering 17th-century building in Cordoba’s historic heart is a melting pot of classical, Islamic and Castilian designs. Its three charming courtyards, traditional chino cordobés stepping stones and ornate fountains are a luxurious step back in time. The upper floor offers commanding views of Cordoba’s iconic mosque.
Molino del Santo, Benaoján
This stunning boutique hotel near Ronda was opened by expats Andy Chapell and Pauline Elkin in 1987. Lovingly restored from an olive and flour mill, it is the perfect base for exploring scenic inland Andalucia, including Grazalema Natural Park and the many pretty neighbouring white villages.
Aire de Ronda, Ronda
One of Spain’s smallest hotels, this perfectly formed three-bedroom establishment provides elegant accommodation for six, its open fireplace offering a cosy glow in the heart of one of Spain’s most beautiful cities. The popular restaurant specialises in hearty traditional fare.
La Fuente de la Higuera, Ronda
Set in an renovated olive mill, husband and wife Christina and Pom’s hotel combines traditional architecture with a post-modern design. As well as a swimming pool and stunning terrace restaurant, the honesty bar and small library will make you feel home from home. Ronda and its splendid El Tajo gorge a 10-minute drive away.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05