VISITORS to Andalucia are spoilt for choice when it comes to hotels – especially in the Ronda area where three establishments have bagged places in the latest ‘best list’.
The province’s top haunts offer everything from luxury and a sense of the region’s history to stellar cuisine showcasing the best of home-grown produce.
And whether it’s a high-class spa, heavenly views of Cordoba’s mosque or an idyllic converted olive mill, Andalucia’s outstanding hotels have something for everyone.
With such an extraordinary range of options, hoteliers have their work cut out to stand out from the crowd.
Vincci Seleccion Aleysa, Benalmádena
The only five-star hotel in Benalmádena, tourists can enjoy its prime location on the beachfront, as well as a fabulous spa equipped with a thermal circuit and treatment cabins. This boutique hotel earned a 95.59 score from visitors to the online travel website Trivago.
Balcon de Cordoba, Cordoba
This towering 17th-century building in Cordoba’s historic heart is a melting pot of classical, Islamic and Castilian designs. Its three charming courtyards, traditional chino cordobés stepping stones and ornate fountains are a luxurious step back in time. The upper floor offers commanding views of Cordoba’s iconic mosque.
Molino del Santo, Benaoján
This stunning boutique hotel near Ronda was opened by expats Andy Chapell and Pauline Elkin in 1987. Lovingly restored from an olive and flour mill, it is the perfect base for exploring scenic inland Andalucia, including Grazalema Natural Park and the many pretty neighbouring white villages.
Aire de Ronda, Ronda
One of Spain’s smallest hotels, this perfectly formed three-bedroom establishment provides elegant accommodation for six, its open fireplace offering a cosy glow in the heart of one of Spain’s most beautiful cities. The popular restaurant specialises in hearty traditional fare.
La Fuente de la Higuera, Ronda
Set in an renovated olive mill, husband and wife Christina and Pom’s hotel combines traditional architecture with a post-modern design. As well as a swimming pool and stunning terrace restaurant, the honesty bar and small library will make you feel home from home. Ronda and its splendid El Tajo gorge a 10-minute drive away.
- WATCH: Dramatic six-car pile-up blocks Marbella tunnel as Guardia Civil on scene - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:58
- Mallorca finca featured in New York Times - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:21
- World Trade Center Gibraltar celebrates two years of thriving international business - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:45
- New dawn – Renovations at Marbella’s Beach House restaurant - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 09:38
- BREXIT: Everything British expats in Spain need to know - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 17:25
- Top 5 Travel Apps to Use in 2019 - 12 Feb, 2019 @ 09:14
- SPERM on the menu at restaurant in Spain first - 9 Feb, 2019 @ 09:41
- Is bar-hopping in San Sebastian as good as its three Michelin star restaurants? - 1 Feb, 2019 @ 18:37
- WEDDING BALLS: Rafael Nadal to marry childhood sweetheart Xisca Perello after 14-year wait - 30 Jan, 2019 @ 15:24
- EXCLUSIVE: Family of little Julen ‘must not be charged’, says Marbella lawyer representing uncle of tragic toddler - 30 Jan, 2019 @ 11:49