TWO people have been killed in a plane crash near Ronda after their light aircraft struck a tree, sources have revealed.
Their charred remains were found in the wreckage of the plane in the Puerto Sauco region of Montecorto on Friday evening.
The two deceased, aged 48 and 51, left Villamartin on Christmas Eve morning hoping to arrive in Ronda to celebrate Christmas with their families.
Both victims are believed to be from Ronda and one worked as a forensic doctor at the Institute of Legal Medicine in Granada.
A family member of the two dead pilots posted on Facebook: “We are lost and don’t know what to do. If anyone saw anything strange or has any clue please call 112.”
A hunter confirmed to the deceased’s family that he saw smoke coming from the area where the wreckage was discovered.
The Guardia Civil are investigating the cause of the crash.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00