A RESOURCEFUL homeless man teaching English in Barcelona bars is on the verge of taking up a job offer a job in a London hotel.
The 55-year-old Hungarian, known only as Laso, ended up on the streets of Barcelona after a lifetime working in the hotel and restaurant industry.
Laso refused to take help from strangers and instead approached Good Samaritan Diego Bernal who helped him devise a plan to teach English classes in bars for €7 an hour.
Says Bernal: “He told me that he had spoken with the head of a London hotel and that he had been offered a job, starting now.
“He used the €148 he had earned in the last few days to go to Madrid, to the British Embassy. His passport had been stolen in a hostel – but as soon as he gets his documents, he will be off.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00