THE Olive Press team are celebrating after being crowned the best expat newspaper in Spain.
A worldwide poll of 27,000 expats by The Expat Survey Consumer Awards (TESCA) saw the The Olive Press newspaper voted best in Spain and second best in the world.
“Massive congratulations to the Olive Press,” said poll organiser Stuart Smith, based in London, “we have had engagement from all over the world from almost 30,000 expats in more than 109 countries, so it is a massive deal for you guys and a big achievement.”
The Olive Press is the youngest publication among the winners of the poll, in which tens of thousands of expats have been voting in for the last 12 months.
France’s Connexion, a paid for newspaper, which has been running for over two decades came first, while the Round Town News, based in Costa Blanca, came third.
The Telegraph won best newsletter while Talksport won best radio station.
“The years of hard work have paid off and it’s a great moment for us as we approach our tenth anniversary, cheers to another ten years!” Publisher and Editor Jon Clarke said, “It’s nice to drink a bit of decent Spanish Cava to celebrate and finish a good week, this goes to all my hard-working team and our faithful advertisers.”
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49
- BREAKING: Police continue evacuation of British embassy after alleged bomb threat on Madrid skyscraper - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:14