TOWIE star Elliot Wright enjoyed a successful launch of his VIP fish bar at his La Cala restaurant.
The invite-only event saw celebs, friends and press fill out the upstairs VIP seafood bar at Olivia´s restaurant last night.
Camera crews were also out in force for the filming of Elliot´s new show, Elliot Wright: Playa in Marbella, which is set to hit our screens in July.
Elliot told the Olive Press: “I´m so happy with how it´s gone, this restaurant is what I have always wanted and it has turned out exactly as I imagined, so I´m really pleased.”
Guests who braved the rain to attend were treated to culinary delights including gigantic king crab claws, tempura prawn and avocado sushi rolls and seabass cerviche carpaccio.
“Its a bit inspired by the vibrant and creative restaurant scene in Shoreditch,” said Elliot, “I wanted to bring something similar to La Cala because I think it can become a new hotspot along the coast.”
His new chef Chris Branscombe hails from The Ace Hotel in Shoreditch, London.
The Essex restauranter said his new show is an observational documentary of his life in Spain.
“It shows a bit of everything, the stresses of setting up a business, my family life, my relationship with Sadie and obviously the odd bit of drama,” said Elliot.
“The ´playa´ is a reference to the beaches here but also because I´m a player in business and I like to play big,” he added.
“I work hard and play hard and can’t wait for people to get a chance to see me in action away from Essex and in Marbella as a businessman in one of my restaurants.”
The exotic fish menu was matched by an explorative cocktail list, including a cucumber and wasabi martini that promises quite the kick.
The restaurant, named after his daughter, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33