TOWIE star Elliot Wright enjoyed a successful launch of his VIP fish bar at his La Cala restaurant.
The invite-only event saw celebs, friends and press fill out the upstairs VIP seafood bar at Olivia´s restaurant last night.
Camera crews were also out in force for the filming of Elliot´s new show, Elliot Wright: Playa in Marbella, which is set to hit our screens in July.
Elliot told the Olive Press: “I´m so happy with how it´s gone, this restaurant is what I have always wanted and it has turned out exactly as I imagined, so I´m really pleased.”
Guests who braved the rain to attend were treated to culinary delights including gigantic king crab claws, tempura prawn and avocado sushi rolls and seabass cerviche carpaccio.
“Its a bit inspired by the vibrant and creative restaurant scene in Shoreditch,” said Elliot, “I wanted to bring something similar to La Cala because I think it can become a new hotspot along the coast.”
His new chef Chris Branscombe hails from The Ace Hotel in Shoreditch, London.
The Essex restauranter said his new show is an observational documentary of his life in Spain.
“It shows a bit of everything, the stresses of setting up a business, my family life, my relationship with Sadie and obviously the odd bit of drama,” said Elliot.
“The ´playa´ is a reference to the beaches here but also because I´m a player in business and I like to play big,” he added.
“I work hard and play hard and can’t wait for people to get a chance to see me in action away from Essex and in Marbella as a businessman in one of my restaurants.”
The exotic fish menu was matched by an explorative cocktail list, including a cucumber and wasabi martini that promises quite the kick.
The restaurant, named after his daughter, is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner seven days a week.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35