TORREMOLINOS is reinvesting in its LGBT culture this summer with four large-scale events planned.
Gay Pride LGBT2 will feature a parade, live performances and DJs, in June, before July’s Wonder Beach will host artists Fangoria and Monarchy.
Mayor Jose Ortiz said it is important to build links with local businesses in order to make the town a truly LGBT-friendly destination.
Europe’s largest gay boat cruise will hit Malaga on July 11, with 2,500 visitors being offered free coach transfers to Bajondillo beach in Torremolinos.
The Mad Bear Beach party will close out the LGBT calendar on August 10, and will see more than 1,500 ‘bears’ – a heavier and hairier subculture of gay men – descend on Torremolinos for six days.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31