RIOT police had to seperate Liverpool and Sevilla fans minutes before the Europa League cup final yesterday.
Fights broke out behind the Liverpool goal at St Jakob-Park, Switzerland, while stewards stepped in to try and break up the trouble.
Moments later, riot police arrived on the scene, donning protective helmets and wielding batons.
They had to line themselves on the stairwell to separate the rival fans.
The trouble is said to have started after Sevilla fans booed the Liverpool anthem ´You´ll never walk alone.´
Liverpool would later open the scoring of the match with a magnificent left footed strike from Daniel Sturridge.
But hope began to fade in the second half when just 17 seconds in, Kevin Gameiro turned in Mariano Ferreira´s cross to equalise.
Sevilla´s Coke dealed a double blow with his 64th minute finish, followed by a third at close range, which was initially disallowed but ended up being given.
Sevilla has won the Europe League three years in a row.
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37