RIOT police had to seperate Liverpool and Sevilla fans minutes before the Europa League cup final yesterday.
Fights broke out behind the Liverpool goal at St Jakob-Park, Switzerland, while stewards stepped in to try and break up the trouble.
Moments later, riot police arrived on the scene, donning protective helmets and wielding batons.
They had to line themselves on the stairwell to separate the rival fans.
The trouble is said to have started after Sevilla fans booed the Liverpool anthem ´You´ll never walk alone.´
Liverpool would later open the scoring of the match with a magnificent left footed strike from Daniel Sturridge.
But hope began to fade in the second half when just 17 seconds in, Kevin Gameiro turned in Mariano Ferreira´s cross to equalise.
Sevilla´s Coke dealed a double blow with his 64th minute finish, followed by a third at close range, which was initially disallowed but ended up being given.
Sevilla has won the Europe League three years in a row.
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21