RONDA, the ‘City of Dreams’ turned back the clock last night as the streets were filled with travellers, horsemen and bandits.
Participants from most villages and towns across the Serrania de Ronda created a colourful cavalcade that was occasionally interrupted by a brief skirmishes as re-enactments were played out in front of thousands of onlookers.
The procession assembled in the Barrio San Francisco before the parade wound its way over the famous bridge spanning the Tajo and round Ronda’s historic streets.
The event continues today (Saturday, 21 May) and tomorrow and includes re-enactments, horsemanship displays, markets and lots of food and drink stalls.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33