HE’S swung the irons with Spanish golf legend Seve Ballesteros, shared Valderrama’s greens with US President George Bush Snr and teed off with Prince Andrew… few people have enjoyed better job perks than James Stewart whose business is associated with the UK’s biggest estate agents, Savills.
But he has certainly earned it.
Despite decorating his office with photographs of famous golf partners and retelling stories of how he helped bring the Ryder Cup to Spain for the very first time, it is clear that James’ first and most important love is his business.
And after 34 years in Spain and 17 years in Pueblo Nuevo there is not much James doesn’t know about the property market.
“I am really excited about the direction Sotogrande is going in,” he says. “Last year the property market showed some real promise.
“The uncertainty around Brexit has obviously taken its toll but we are still busy and will probably see another good year.”
He adds: “We had expected to push on from 2015 but with a vote to Leave the likelihood is that the market will remain the same as last year – which is still a positive, just not the boom we were hoping for just yet.”
Outside of the property world, James’ passion is on the golf course… in particular in Sotogrande’s esteemed Valderrama.
A member for 30 years, his love-affair with the club dates back to the early 90s when club owner Jaime Ortiz-Patiño brought him in to hepl bring the Ryder Cup to Spain.
“It was a great honour for me and I got to meet some top players,” he says. “Seve was by far my favourite, a true gentleman and ambassador to the sport.”
He adds: “I’ll never forget playing in the Volvo Masters Pro Am in 1997 with Seve and Zimbabwean pro Mark McNulty.
“On the 18th I had the putt to win the tournament and Seve and Mark both took turns at lining me up. I felt huge relief when the ball fell in the hole.”
With a separate office in Puerto Sotogrande, James Stewart in association with Savills has established itself as a top agent for Sotogrande and surrounding areas.
• For more information visit www.js-sotogrande.com or call 956 795 300
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00