BARAK Obama is trading the White House for a less iconic but no less luxurious location: the sprawling Palm Springs mansion of the former US ambassador to Spain, James Costos.
The Obama family will travel to Costos’ 11,000-square-foot home in Thunderbird Heights after Donald Trump’s inauguration later today, and stay there for a short, well-earned holiday.
Costos was named ambassador to Spain in 2013, but left his post on Wednesday 18 January as Obama was coming to the end of his term in office.
The Obamas have stayed with Costos and his interior designer husband Michael Smith several times before.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00