AN ambitious project hopes to turn Costa del Sol into a cycling paradise.
Bicycle Sleep is the brainchild of the area’s Mancomunidad de Municipios de la Costa del Sol (local council association), which wants to highlight safe routes and itineraries to help more cyclists train or enjoy a two-wheeled holiday in the area.
It is also putting together an online database which includes details of cyclist friendly accommodation and eateries.
The association believes that the costa is ideal for cyclists due to the good, all year around weather conditions.
“Cycle tourism could have grand benefits for the Costa del Sol,” said Diego López, of the mancomunidad.
“We are talking about a sustainable and friendly type of tourism based on sport which can be enjoyed all year around by both professional cyclists and cycle tourists.”
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09