A BRITISH rugby player who was found dead in Mallorca bought cocaine the night before his death, it has been claimed.
Luke Hole, 29, from Wales, was found dead at the four-star Melia Sol House hotel last week after a night out in Magaluf with his rugby friends.
He had just finished competing in the Mallorca Beach Rugby tournament, which involved teams from all over Europe.
Sources close to the investigation said Luke had purchased the A-Class drug during an all-night binge following the tournament’s end.
One said: “His roommates told police he had bought cocaine in the hours leading up to his death.
“It is likely the combination of drugs and drink played a part in his death.
“Blood and tissue sample tests will detect if he took cocaine if it wasn’t obvious from the autopsy.
“It’s a tragic waste of a young life.”
Luke died after suffering from cardiac arrest.
- Manhunt underway after young woman ‘held down and raped in the street’ by ex-boyfriend and pals in Spain’s Sevilla - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:49
- Another swimmer dies off beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 15:22
- British expat pensioner brutally murdered near Spain’s Costa del Sol wanted to move closer to pals in Estepona following husband’s death - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 14:10
- RED ALERT: Warnings across Spain as temperatures to surpass 40C TODAY before scorcher along Costa del Sol on Friday - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- British expats in Spain would have ‘strong case’ to sue UK government in case of no-deal Brexit, MP warns - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 12:10
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13