KAREN Millen is continuing to build her Mallorca property despite filing for bankruptcy last month.
The 55-year-old fashion designer was reportedly unable to pay an outstanding €7million tax bill and is already reportedly selling her €4 million mansion in the UK.
Despite her financial woes, a source on the island told the Olive Press the fashion mogul is still very much building her home on the northwest of the island.
“It’s very much going ahead,” they revealed, “I can’t say much as it’s all very confidential.”
Millen founded her eponymous brand in 1981 with an initial investment of around €100 but was soon enjoying massive success.
She sold the chain to the Icelandic corporation Baugur in 2004 for around €110 million.
But when the financial crisis hit in 2008, the mother of three lost much of her fortune after Icelandic bank Kaupthing collapsed.
She has remained in a legal battle with them ever since.
She was also ‘caught out’ in 2010 after her accountants had advised her to use a tax planning scheme, the validity of which was successfully challenged by HMRC in 2010.
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45