KAREN Millen is continuing to build her Mallorca property despite filing for bankruptcy last month.
The 55-year-old fashion designer was reportedly unable to pay an outstanding €7million tax bill and is already reportedly selling her €4 million mansion in the UK.
Despite her financial woes, a source on the island told the Olive Press the fashion mogul is still very much building her home on the northwest of the island.
“It’s very much going ahead,” they revealed, “I can’t say much as it’s all very confidential.”
Millen founded her eponymous brand in 1981 with an initial investment of around €100 but was soon enjoying massive success.
She sold the chain to the Icelandic corporation Baugur in 2004 for around €110 million.
But when the financial crisis hit in 2008, the mother of three lost much of her fortune after Icelandic bank Kaupthing collapsed.
She has remained in a legal battle with them ever since.
She was also ‘caught out’ in 2010 after her accountants had advised her to use a tax planning scheme, the validity of which was successfully challenged by HMRC in 2010.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19