TRIBUTES have flowed in for former Blue Peter presenter John Noakes, who has died.
Alzheimer’s sufferer Noakes, 83, who lived in Andratx with his wife, passed away on Sunday in his sleep.
Noakes became a household name on the hit BBC children’s show along with his dog, Shep.
Two years ago, he sparked a frantic search after going missing from his home on the hottest day of the year.
Friend Wendy Downes said: “John Noakes, died peacefully on Sunday morning May 28th.
“He had endured and suffered from Alzheimer’s over recent years and whilst he will be greatly missed by his wife, family and many friends his release from continuing ill health must be counted as a blessing.”
Ex-Blue Peter presenter Katy Hill praised Noakes for encouraging her to join the show.
“Saddest news about the legendary John Noakes who inspired me to want to present Blue Peter & do everything he did. The best!” she tweeted.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00