EVERYONE who lives in Mallorca loves the island.
So the bad publicity it attracts, via a couple of infamous resorts, is galling for those of us who call this paradise our home.
However, there is no getting away from it.
As the mercury rises, so too does the tally of all-too-familiar stories involving drunken tourist excess and violence.
It’s become an inescapable facet of life here.
But this week’s showdown meeting between police and local politicians shows the authorities here are determined to meet this problem head on.
Limiting the amount of booze available on all-inclusive holidays won’t bend the iron will of northern European holidaymakers to drink themselves stupid.
But it is a start.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23