THE UK government has a released a how-to video for British holidaymakers on how to survive a terrorist attack while on holiday.
The four-minute clip, released yesterday, tells would-be sunseekers to run, hide and tell at the first sign of trouble.
It depicts a firearms attack at a hotel and describes in detail what individuals should do to increase their chance of survival.
Police have emphasized the video is not a response to any specific intelligence regarding a possible attack.
“The chances of being caught up in a terrorist incident are still low, but sadly we have seen atrocities take place in the UK and abroad,” Scott Wilson, a national counter-terrorism coordinator, said in a statement.
“So, it is important everyone stays alert and knows what to do if the worst was to happen.”
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27