HUNDREDS were evacuated from a Fuengirola shopping centre after a malfunctioning fryer was mistaken for a bomb.
A loud bang was heard inside the Miramar shopping centre at around 4pm yesterday, which sparked terror from the shoppers.
Men and women were filmed running to safety on a nearby riverbank, and others were heard screaming.
Shopping centre manager David del Barrio later revealed that a fryer had caught fire in a pizza restaurant, and had set off the fire alarm.
He said there had been ‘no need to evacuate.’
Only one person was injured – a woman who was treated for a sprained ankle.
It comes after terrorist group Isis had threatened an attack on popular Spanish beach resorts.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33