THREE people have died and four have been injured after a lorry collided with three cars in Mallorca.
The driver of the cement lorry was taken to hospital and later arrested on suspicion of involuntary manslaughter following the accident, which took place at kilometre 43 of the MA 13 between Sa Pobla and Alcudia.
Two of the dead victims are a 27-year-old Spanish woman and a 40-year-old Colombian man.
Two children travelling in the same car are unhurt.
A 54-year-old German man was also killed with a female passenger in the same car seriously injured.
A 10-year-old girl in the back seat is also reported to be in a serious condition.
A Spanish woman in a third car received minor injuries.
The lorry crossed onto the opposite side of the motorway at around 11am this morning.
The lorry driver passed a drink and a drug test after being taken to hospital.
Firefighters had to cut trapped people out of cars as large traffic jams were reported around the area.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00