PROPERTY prices in Malaga are expected to soar by 5% next year thanks to increasing demand.
It comes after Solvia, the property division of Sabadell bank, forecast an average increase in house prices of 7.3% across the country by 2020.
Bankinter, meanwhile, predicts a 5% increase in 2018 alone.
Regions with the strongest demand and economies such as Catalonia and Madrid are likely to see the biggest rises and the Solvia forecast suggests increases of 11% and 14% respectively.
It added that sales are likely to be strongest in Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Malaga and Alicante, where demand continues to be high.
Ibiza, meanwhile, is selling so fast it is becoming unable to cope with demand.
“Demand for high end residences on Ibiza remains significantly higher than the supply available,” said Florian Fischer, managing partner of Engel & Völkers on Ibiza.
“In addition, we registered a rise in average property prices in 2016,” said Florian Fischer,
Engel & Völkers brokered properties to buyers from 17 different countries last year.
The report reveals that Germans top the group of overseas buyers, followed by the traditional British, French, Swiss and Italian buyers.
It comes after Spain enjoyed a record-breaking July in terms of international tourism numbers, smashing all previous records.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33