A PASSENGER bus was totally destroyed after an inferno ripped through it on the road from Pollensa on Wednesday morning.
It is the second time in recent weeks that a Mallorca bus has caught fire, with British and German tourists forced to flee a bus blaze on August 25.
The blaze, which broke out around 10am, left a dense column of smoke which could be seen from miles away
The undercarriage of the TIB bus reportedly caught fire before the flames quickly spread.
It is not yet known what caused the fire or if there are any injuries.
The road was temporarily closed in both directions as the fire brigade battled to control the flames.
Last year, Palma’s councillor for transport, Joan Ferrer, promised the city’s fleet would be checked thoroughly after two EMT bus went up in flames.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00