A BRITISH holidaymaker is in intensive care after being found unconscious on a Mallorca street.
Alex Green from Manchester was rushed to hospital where he is being treated for blood on the brain, fractures to his cheeks, nose and eye sockets, and broken ribs and a collapsed lung.
The father of one arrived in Mallorca in Friday with friends and family to celebrate his stag do in the party town.
Within six hours of arriving, the 26-year-old firefighter went missing from the group while stepping away to use the toilets.
Many of the 25 people in his group went searching for Alex, and eventually received a call that he was found unconscious in the street.
He remains in intensive care after being put into an induced coma and undergoing surgeries.
Friend Scott Cash said of the incident, “No one has got a clue what has happened to him. From what we can gather there was no CCTV where he was found. The group of us are very shaken. We just want him to get better.”
Alex’s fiancée, Rebecca Thorpe, has flown over to be with him during his recovery. “We just can’t stop crying, but he’s amazing. We’ve got a two-year-old, we just want to get him home,” said Rebecca.
Friends and family have set up fundraising page to support Alex’s rising medical bills.
He is currently in stable condition but will be recovering in Mallorca a while longer.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15