AS the soccer season reaches fever pitch we’ve rounded up some of the best and brightest places to watch the footy while enjoying the amber fizz.
- Guinns Sports Bar (Torremolinos) – Big windows and natural light make this an ideal venue for groups larger than four wanting to watch every detail. If you’re looking for an ostensibly British atmosphere, this is the place.
- The Claddagh Irish Bar (Marbella) – Cushioned right by the beach makes for an easy stroll for those seeking comfortable viewing. The giant screen makes it perfect for those just starting their night.
- The London Pub (Fuengirola) – A touch of the big smoke for those wanting creature comforts from home. The owner Mark knows all the nooks and crannies for visitors seeking a cultural tour of the Costa del Sol.
- Legends Bar & Grill (Benahavis) – Spacious, clean and fresh with multiple screens and a sprinkling of pool tables to ensure everyone is catered for. They also have one of the best Sunday roasts on the coast.
- Harp Bar (Mijas) – Combines inside and outdoors into one seamless environment making it ideal for those who want a sea breeze. Staff are really friendly and the sheer array of St Patrick’s memorabilia make it a hoarders paradise with a touch of Guinness.
- Sam’s Bar (Benalmadena) – A classy venue that has retained it’s authentic Spanish aesthetic. Once the football is over there is still plenty to engage with, from pub quizzes, bingo and karaoke to Curry Club and Steak Night. Reserve a table to avoid disappointment.
- Biddy Mulligans (Mijas) – You go for a drink and stay for the night. That’s what this place does best. The staff look after you exceptionally well and, with cheap food and good beer, what else do you need.