UNLIKE the British system where points are added to your licence for offences, in Spain up to 15 points are awarded for good driving.
New drivers receive eight points, with three points added every three years after.
Penalties range from losing six points for being under the influence, to four for illegally parking and three if caught with a mobile.
Drivers can regain points by doing a re-education course of 12 or 24 hours, depirending on how many are needed, but of course this costs.
A wise man once said ‘by failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail’ but this can be avoided by taking out cover.
Línea Directa’s Traffic Fine Handling service, allows the owner and drivers to claim up to €500 towards the cost of the course and the driving licence recovery test.
The amount is either conveniently given to the beneficiary directly or reimbursed upon proof of payment.
As with all contracts in life though the cover does comes with small print, but unlike others Linea Directa are, well, direct about it.
Some limitations include that claimants must notify the company within three months of points lost or disqualification and that drivers must pass their retest on the first go.
For more information contact Linea Directa on 952 147 834 or look online at www.lineadirecta.com
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40