MARBELLA’S La Bajadilla port project could be delayed for years after Sheikh Al-Thani appealed a decision to annul his contract to build the site.
The businessman has appealed the ruling of the High Court of Justice of Andalucia (TSJA), which annuled the concession of the works granted to the Temporary Union of Companies, headed by the Malaga FC owner.
It came after continued delays to construction and lack of payments for sub-contracts.
The Public Ports Agency of Andalucia had to take over management of the project last March due to the inaction of the Sheikh’s companies.
If the courts allow Al-Thani’s appeal, it could be months or even years before the project sees works begin.
It would be a blow to locals, who will lose out on hundreds of jobs and countless expected economic benefits.
If the appeal is rejected, the project will most likely go to Group Alfil and Marinas, who were the second highest bidders when it was first announced.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09