THIS is the moment a ‘drunk’ Irish couple were kicked off a flight from southern Spain to Dublin.
The FR7063 flight from Alicante to Dublin was diverted to Santander on Wednesday morning.
Police were called to meet the aircraft after the pair, in their 50s, became ‘aggressive’ mid-flight.
Fellow passengers in the clip can be heard shouting ‘adios’ as Guardia Civil officers begin to remove the disruptive duo.
The rowdy couple are now facing a hefty fine for breaching air security after Guardia Civil officers took them off the flight.
Witnesses have said the couple had had ‘a lot to drink’ and were arguing violently with each other but were not targeting other passengers.
The incident happened about a third of the way through the three-hour flight from the Costa Blanca capital on Wednesday.
The pilot made an unscheduled landing just before 4pm at Seve Ballesteros-Santander Airport.
The flight took off at around 5pm after the ‘disruptive’ passengers left the plane.
They were said to have left the aircraft of their own accord.
A spokesman for the Guardia Civil in Cantabria confirmed an Irish couple had been removed from the plane.
He said: “The pilot asked us to attend because he didn’t want two people who were on the plane and being aggressive to continue their journey.
“The couple left the aircraft voluntarily after we went on board and did not have to be removed by force.
“Their personal details were recorded and they were informed they were being reported for breaching air security.
“They won’t face any criminal charges but are likely to receive a fine from AESA, the state body that will now move things forward.
“I cannot comment on what happened in the plane because it wasn’t something the Civil Guard witnessed. The message from the plane was that they were being aggressive.”
Ryanair said: “This is exactly why we are calling for significant changes to prohibit
the sale of alcohol at airports, such as a two-drink limit per passenger
and no alcohol sales before 10am.
“It’s incumbent on the airports to introduce these preventative measures to curb excessive drinking and the problems it creates, rather than allowing passengers to drink to excess before their flights.”
- Woody Allen to film new project across Spain after securing financing from Spanish company despite sexual abuse allegations which saw him dumped by Amazon - 22 Feb, 2019 @ 11:28
- WATCH: Two elderly women caught on camera stealing outdoor furniture from British expat’s bar in Mallorca as police drive by - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 17:46
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10