SPANISH actor Antonio Banderas delighted fans in a new trailer for his upcoming role in season two of National Geographic’s Emmy-nominated series, Genius.
Telling the story of one of Spain’s greatest artists, Pablo Picasso, the 57-year-old filmstar sports a silver crop as he takes on the role from 40s onwards in the artist’s life.
In one scene during his training he is told ‘you have talent, but no discipline’ by a mentor.
Speaking at a conference in Budapest, where it is being filmed he said he’s pleased with the serious approach to the artist’s life, including his womanising antics.
“So far we are very happy, working hard but we have a long way to go,” said Banderas, before adding, “If I don’t portray him properly, I may not be able to go back to my hometown.”
The Picasso mini-series debuts on April 24.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11