SPANISH woman do almost twice as much unpaid work as men.
Figures released by the National Institute of Statistics (INE) show that women do 26.5 hours a week compared to just 14 hours for men.
The report indicates that unpaid time was spent caring for children or family members, household chores, studying or working for non-profit organizations.
Being single is the only situation in which men spend a similar amount of time – 11 hours to a woman’s 13.3 hours.
Men also did less time – six hours in contrast to women’s 17.2 hours (186.7% increase) if their partners were unemployed.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00