EXPATS are demanding action after years of raw sewage leaking into a stream just metres from their homes.
Colin Evans, 67, has been in a battle with Albox town hall in Almeria to fix the problem for nine years.
Despite reporting broken pipe work at the sewage plant in El Canico, which is just 2km from his home, he claims the town hall has still failed to act.
“The smell is disgusting,” he told the Olive Press, “it is also a breeding ground for mosquitoes and it flows past our house and onwards down the rambla.
“We have complained and put in a denuncia to Albox town hall and nothing has been done.”
Evans, from Middlesbrough, explained that every year there seems to be an overflow and a break in the pipes, causing foul-smelling sewage to overflow into the rambla.
Albox town hall, and Gestagua, which maintains the sewage plant, failed to comment before going to press.
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40