SNAPPING a photo on the beach is just as important as being on the holiday itself these days.
If you can’t show off to your friends at home by posting sizzling pictures on Instagram, is there any point in going at all?
And with its white sandy beaches and millions of tourists each year, you would think that Spain would come out on top for the most instagrammed beaches.
But it is the UK which is home to three of the most photo-friendly beaches in Europe.
Research by Globehunters analysed Instagram hashtags and looked at the top 60 most Instagrammed beaches on the continent.
While the number one spot was handed to Positano, situated on Italy’s Amalfi Coast, beaches in the UK made up half of the top six.
Three classic British coastal spots featured in the top ten – Brighton (2nd), Durdle Door (4th) and Bournemouth (6th).
It means Brighton and Durdle Door beat out Ibiza favourites Playa d’en Bossa (5th) and Cala Salada (10th).
UK beaches also make up 15% of the overall top 60 beaches in Europe in total.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13