THE ex-husband of a female jihadist on Europe’s most wanted list has been arrested in Malaga.
The Moroccan financed his ex-wife, Fadoua Hassad, so she could travel to Syria and join terrorist group ISIS .
The 35-year-old, who is a legal resident in Spain, is also accused of financing terrorism by sending money to Turkey and Italy.
The defendant sent his ex-wife €700 a month from February to July 2016, after she flew to Greece to coordinate with a 25-year-old Palestinian.
In July 2016 the woman returned to Malaga but left again in November 2016 to fight in Syria, travelling via France, Italy then Turkey.
- LOCA FOR LOCAL: Fantastic wines can be found in Malaga and Andalucia - 27 May, 2018 @ 11:19
- King of Reggaeton J Balvin coming to Spain’s Costa del Sol - 19 May, 2018 @ 09:39
- More than 7.5 TONNES of hashish seized after Manilva-Estepona smuggling operation busted - 18 May, 2018 @ 15:40
- Spanish student auctioning her virginity has already been offered €250k - 18 May, 2018 @ 14:42
- COMPETITION ALERT: Win return flights to UK with Jet2 - 17 May, 2018 @ 16:18
- Come fly with me – new routes launched from UK to Spain - 16 May, 2018 @ 16:10
- Six towns on the Costa del Sol set to get a boost from European grants - 16 May, 2018 @ 15:35
- Spanish museum set to show controversial exhibition that was cancelled in New York following protests - 13 May, 2018 @ 15:00
- WINE TIME: Cocktails to enjoy in the sunshine (finally!) - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:14
- New TV series based on Spanish Civil War whips up Twitter storm - 12 May, 2018 @ 14:00