A SEARCH party has been organised for a 17-year-old British teen that has been missing for almost a week in Andalucia.
Kieran O’Brien was last seen between the hours of 7pm to 8pm on Friday April 20 in his hometown, Alhaurín el Grande.
He was wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and a dark hoody.
It comes as a close family friend has detailed the heartbreak of the teen’s parents.
“They are in a state as you can imagine. It’s the stuff of nightmares,” she told the Olive Press.
She added that ‘they thought he had gone for a run in the forest to burn off steam’ after a small family argument.
“They live on the mountain in Alhaurín, he runs in the woods, they thought he was cooling off.
“But when he never came home that night they assumed he had gone to a friend.
“It was by Sunday that they were worried as they had tried calling him but his phone was off, they called all his friends but nobody had seen him.”
She said police confirmed he took nothing with him, only his mobile phone, suggesting he intended to come home.
“He has been a drama student from an early age and is a confident young teen.
“He is quite sporty, loves to run and play tennis.
“We are still hoping and praying he just walks through the door.”
She added that he is ‘very well liked’ in the community with a lot of friends.
Police are not ruling anything out and have been tracking Kieran’s phone, while a helicopter has been dispatched as part of the search.
Family friends have called on the community to help find the teen and a search party is set to take place in the morning on Saturday April 28.
All available expats and locals are being encouraged to join in the search.
A time and a meeting place is yet to be confirmed.
Anyone with information is urged to call 116000.
More to follow.
- SHOP TO THE TOP: How did new Andalucia leader Juanma Moreno go from green grocer’s assistant to Junta boss? - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- CANDY CRUSH: 400 of biggest brands in Spain set for huge sugar tax in bid to improve health - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 11:00
- British aristocrat ‘entirely unaware’ he had 7th century Spanish ornaments rotting away in back garden - 2 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Spain will AGAIN fight for shared sovereignty over Gibraltar after Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 20:45
- British pensioners in Spain to lose free healthcare under no-deal Brexit - 29 Jan, 2019 @ 18:06
- Why the ancient Treasure of Guarrazar was ditched in a field in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 14:00
- Pioneering surgery performed on ‘inoperable’ patient with pancreatic cancer in Spain - 27 Jan, 2019 @ 10:00
- HEROES: These are the eight specialist miners working round-the-clock to rescue little Julen in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:50
- Rescuers resume digging to reach little Julen after completing fourth controlled explosion in Malaga - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 23:02
- JULEN UPDATE: Two hours before miners in Malaga can resume digging - 25 Jan, 2019 @ 21:03