TWO police officers have been suspended without pay after being accused of raping a teenage girl on the Costa del Sol.
The policia local agents, aged 37 and 38, allegedly assaulted an 18-year-old girl in Estepona last weekend.
According to victim and witness statements the officers had pulled over the girl and two of her friends for a routine traffic stop in the early hours of Sunday morning.
The policemen asked the driver if he had consumed alcohol and before answering yes, he was told to park the car and for the group to take a taxi home.
The two agents took the keys to their car and said they would return the vehicle when they had finished their shift.
But moments after the three friends arrived home, the two cops appeared in their car.
After a brief conversation they suggested joining the young group upstairs.
It is there where the alleged assault took place.
The officers were arrested the cops the next day.
CORRECTION: A previous version of this article read it was two Policia Nacional agents accused of rape
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29