SALLY Blackshaw has come a long way since sketching out her dream homes as a child back in the UK.
And in the end her creativity paid off dividends, when after becoming the first person in her family to go to university to study design, she landed a top job in London as a shop designer for Gap.
And, now the Leicestershire girl has gone many steps further running her own interior design company, in Marbella.
The hard-working entrepreneur is now celebrating 10 years at the helm of Blackshaw Interior Design, which launched back in 2008.
And despite years of recession in Spain, she has managed to build an instantly recognizable brand for the business, that employs four designers in the heart of Andalucia’s wealthiest resort.
Blackshaw’s handpicked team of designers, architects and structural designers come from around the world and are capable of taking on any job.
And today, it is a lot more than just interior designs, with the company also undertaking renovations and new builds across the entire residential, retail and commercial sectors.
“I just love the satisfaction of breathing new life into something,” explains Sally, who was most recently tasked with turning the exclusive Nine Lions development in Nueva Andalucia, into something amazing.
And her secret? Caring about the client.
“We work really closely with our clients and get fulfillment in giving homes a new functionality.
“We’re not your typical design studio, it’s not just cut and paste and we really care about our client’s vision and want the best for them.
“We always keep in touch after the project is finished, they often send us pictures saying they still love what we did, and that’s a great feeling.”
The company has made a name for itself for delivering complex interior design and building projects both on time and to budget.
“You can leave us to handle everything from obtaining the necessary licences to overseeing the construction,” explains Sally.
“We’ve just built our first villa from scratch in Nueva Andalucia, and ahead of schedule! So we look forward to doing more projects like these.”
Contact Blackshaw Interior Design on 951 403 787 or email [email protected].
- FREAK FEBRUARY: ‘Anti-cyclone’ scorcher to see temperatures soar to 28C in Spain’s Andalucia this weekend - 21 Feb, 2019 @ 11:06
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37