SALLY Blackshaw has come a long way since sketching out her dream homes as a child back in the UK.
And in the end her creativity paid off dividends, when after becoming the first person in her family to go to university to study design, she landed a top job in London as a shop designer for Gap.
And, now the Leicestershire girl has gone many steps further running her own interior design company, in Marbella.
The hard-working entrepreneur is now celebrating 10 years at the helm of Blackshaw Interior Design, which launched back in 2008.
And despite years of recession in Spain, she has managed to build an instantly recognizable brand for the business, that employs four designers in the heart of Andalucia’s wealthiest resort.
Blackshaw’s handpicked team of designers, architects and structural designers come from around the world and are capable of taking on any job.
And today, it is a lot more than just interior designs, with the company also undertaking renovations and new builds across the entire residential, retail and commercial sectors.
“I just love the satisfaction of breathing new life into something,” explains Sally, who was most recently tasked with turning the exclusive Nine Lions development in Nueva Andalucia, into something amazing.
And her secret? Caring about the client.
“We work really closely with our clients and get fulfillment in giving homes a new functionality.
“We’re not your typical design studio, it’s not just cut and paste and we really care about our client’s vision and want the best for them.
“We always keep in touch after the project is finished, they often send us pictures saying they still love what we did, and that’s a great feeling.”
The company has made a name for itself for delivering complex interior design and building projects both on time and to budget.
“You can leave us to handle everything from obtaining the necessary licences to overseeing the construction,” explains Sally.
“We’ve just built our first villa from scratch in Nueva Andalucia, and ahead of schedule! So we look forward to doing more projects like these.”
Contact Blackshaw Interior Design on 951 403 787 or email [email protected].
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29