THE average age of property buyers in Marbella has plunged to a record low of 42 years old.
A report by estate agents Lucas Fox Marbella also found foreign interest in Costa del Sol properties is on the rise.
Foreign buyers have contributed to 31% of this year’s home sales, a 3% rise from 2017.
Many of these buyers are entrepreneurs or CEOs, citing their ability to work remotely as a reason for moving.
The average age of those buying Marbella properties is believed to be dropping due to Brexit pushing Brits to secure a holiday home or even move to a sunny location.
Unsurprisingly, the properties that were most in demand were homes near the beach, especially in Torremolinos and Marbella. With their beaches recently awarded with “Q” status, a recognition of quality by the Spanish Institute for Quality Tourism, beachfront properties can expect to see this popularity rise in the coming years.
Meanwhile, overall property sales and prices are on the rise in Malaga province as well.
Estate agent Idealista said that properties in the province were 12% more expensive compared to last year.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14