THE victim of the Estepona kidnapping has been identified as a young Spaniard.
The 29-year-old, whose name has not been released, had a history of drugs and tobacco smuggling.
His body was found in Algeciras just hours after the dramatic kidnapping, first reported by the Olive Press.
Police have confirmed that the corpse, which had been stabbed to death before being dumped, is that of the man who was bundled into the BMW X5 outside Mr Noodles in Estepona.
At around half past midnight, Algeciras received a call saying there was a dead body on the ground next to Calle Santa Teresa and in front of Punta Europa hospital.
Police tried to revive him but he was already dead.
The victim’s appearance and tattoos matched witness statements from the kidnapping just two hours prior, leaving police convinced it is the same person.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20