THE victim of the Estepona kidnapping has been identified as a young Spaniard.
The 29-year-old, whose name has not been released, had a history of drugs and tobacco smuggling.
His body was found in Algeciras just hours after the dramatic kidnapping, first reported by the Olive Press.
Police have confirmed that the corpse, which had been stabbed to death before being dumped, is that of the man who was bundled into the BMW X5 outside Mr Noodles in Estepona.
At around half past midnight, Algeciras received a call saying there was a dead body on the ground next to Calle Santa Teresa and in front of Punta Europa hospital.
Police tried to revive him but he was already dead.
The victim’s appearance and tattoos matched witness statements from the kidnapping just two hours prior, leaving police convinced it is the same person.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59