WITH over four weeks still to go before Christmas Malaga residents have already done a third of their seasonal shopping.
The news comes as industry data reveals that those still to buy their presents will spend an average of €256 on gifts, an increase of 9.6% on last year.
Local businesses can expect to take a total of €33 million over the festive period, up 7% from 2017.
A report by consultancy giant Deloitte has revealed that Christmas shoppers now buy gifts in November than ever before.
Their study found 33.1% that shoppers now favour November for festive shopping sprees compared to just 30.3% in December.
It was also revealed that Black Friday has a huge impact on Christmas spending habits, with 77% of consumers making a purchase on the now-legendary discount day.
Tomorrow on Black Friday will see droves of Andalucians and expats flock to shops up and down the Costa del Sol.
Banus Marina Mall, Miramar in Fuengirola, La Canada in Marbella and El Corte Ingles are all expected to benefit from the Black Friday boom.
- Boy, 2, dies after falling into swimming pool in Spain’s Malaga - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- Andy Murray’s Spanish doubles partner named in Wimbledon match-fixing investigation by police - 20 Jun, 2019 @ 09:46
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44